I hope you’re not starting to get sick of me. My Canadian hiatus has forced me to get busy and suddenly I have lots to talk about.
As I warned you all a few months ago. I will be occasionally promoting some Cycling Languedoc stuff. You’ve all seen our first real tour: High Road Alps. This one is, admittedly, a pretty niche product, as some of you correctly pointed out to me. I heard your cries, so here’s a tour for tout le monde!
The Backroads of East Languedoc is my first self-guided tour, and designed for just about anyone who knows how to pedal circles. Some quick facts:
- ‘Self Guided’ means that you won’t have a guide, but you will have a GPS, maps, all accommodation booked and your baggage transferred every day you are on the road.
- The tour is a 7-day (6 nights) loop, starting and finishing in Nîmes (of course!).
- Highlights includes:
- Aigues-mortes. An awesome walled crusader town on the edge of the Camargue.
- The Camargue. A flat, wild land of bulls, horses and pink flamingos.
- Uzès. The first Duchy of France, with one of the best morning markets in the region.
- Pont du Gard. If you read this blog, you don’t need any description!
- Lots and lots of vineyards!
- Mostly flat-to-slightly hilly riding.
- Rental bikes (unless you bring your own)
- A welcome drink with yours truly at the Hemingway Bar 😉
Lots more information on the tour page, which I’m updating regularly. Thanks for listening!