1. Those jeans you bought in late Spring feel like they’ve just been washed, even when they haven’t.
2. The recycling bin looks like you’ve just had a party, but you haven’t. It’s just you, drinking. Alone.
3. Your wife tells you you’re starting to resemble Doraemon, whose waist is 129.3 cm around (he can also run 129.3 kph when frightened, which is pretty cool).
4. Everything feels like a hill.
5. Your quads keep hitting something on the upstroke. It’s your stomach.
6. You have obviously forgotten what it’s really like to do sessions on the indoor trainer because you are thinking about pulling it out of storage.
7. Nothing fun has been ‘guilt free’ for many weeks.
8. You see cyclists on the road and think, ‘that used to be me.’
9. You start saying things like, ‘yeah, I’m free this weekend’, and think it’s normal.
10. You make Top Ten lists because that’s really the only thing you can come up with to blog about.